another problem

John Wynstra jwynstra at nyc.rr.com
Sat May 17 16:22:10 UTC 2008

The *portsnap fetch extract* seems to have failed.  I do *pkg_version
-v* and openoffice-2 does not appear in the listing.  Why not?  Actually
the previous /usr/ports tree came from a tar extract I took from the
internet and not the installation CDROM.  Should I clean out some INDEX
files and redo this step or is that done automatically?  I just now did
another *portsnap fetch update* and openoffice.org was not listed among
the new ports.  Of course *pkg_version -v* gives me an incomplete listing.

John Wynstra wrote:
> (1) How do I test the version number of this?
> (2) I did portsnap extract as this was the first time I did this (the
> previous /usr/ports tree came from the CDROM)
> (3) I did another make install and it fails with ...
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
> [root@ /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2]#
[root@ /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2]# make clean
===>  Cleaning for libart_lgpl-2.3.20,1
===>  Cleaning for cups-base-1.3.7_2
===>  Cleaning for gnome-vfs-2.22.0_1
===>  Cleaning for gio-fam-backend-2.16.3
===>  Cleaning for gnutls-2.2.2
===>  Cleaning for samba-libsmbclient-3.0.28a
===>  Cleaning for avahi-app-0.6.22_4
===>  Cleaning for gamin-0.1.9_1
===>  Cleaning for libgcrypt-1.4.1
===>  Cleaning for libgpg-error-1.6
===>  Cleaning for libdaemon-0.12
===>  Cleaning for gdbm-1.8.3_3
===>  Cleaning for openoffice.org-2.4.0_5

There's gotta be a better way of discovering the installed versions!

Now what is -lgio-2.0? and why is it missing?
What tools do I have for debugging this?