Does FBSD 7 support 802.11N cards? G suggestions?

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Thu May 15 18:48:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:39:08 -0500
Walter <walterk1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Gerard wrote:
>
> >I have done something similar to that myself. Go to the linksys site
> >and download the latest available driver for your card. Then visit:
> >
> >http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html
> >
> >and follow the directions there.
> >

> I found the direction at 11.8.1 helpful, and was able to use /ndisgen/
> and /kldload/ to bring up the card. (Yea!)
>
> Now I need to configure it - I'm printing out 29.3 now.  But I can't
> get the interface to be brought up at boot, a la:
>
> ----
>
> You can configure the system to load the NDIS modules at boot time in
> the same way as with any other module. First, copy the generated
> module, W32DRIVER.ko, to the /boot/modules directory. Then, add the
> following line to /boot/loader.conf:
>
> W32DRIVER_load="YES"
>

>     ----
>
> but I can bring it up manually from the modules directory.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Have you checked user/group ownership? I think it has to be root/wheel.
It should also be executable, 0755 if I remember correctly.

Are there any warning or error messages displayed at boot-up that might
indicate what is happening?

--
“Gerard”
gerard at seibercom.net

	"Your son still sliding down the banisters?"
	"We wound barbed wire around them."
	"That stop him?"
	"No, but it sure slowed him up."