How to config ipv6 for this instance

Christer Hermansson mail at chdevelopment.se
Sun May 11 12:53:49 UTC 2008

Xiaobo Zhu wrote:
> thanks for your reply.
> I install miredo and study the manual, it seems that the default setting of
> midero works fine, so I just setup teredo as follows, but it still can't
> work. would you please figure out what is wrong with it, or give me a
> configuration guide in detail.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> // asign the ipv6 add
> ifconfig teredo inet6 2001:da8:207:1:0:5efe.172.16.120.226
> // setup the default router
> ifconfig teredo isatap rtr 202.112.95.129

Like I said in my first post to this thread, I haven't tried this and I
can't try this by my self for the moment (got no access to a 6-4 gateway
what I'm aware about), however I think it's a interesting subject so I
will probably try to test it in the future if I get the opportunity.

I was now reading little about it and found a posting
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.ipv6.miredo.devel/174 so maybe it
doesn't offer a working isatap client only a isatap server and you need
the client, this posting say so but maybe that's only apply for linux.

The only tips I can give you is to check for any error messages in
/var/log/messages and I would try to start it manual in xterm or on the
console to see what's going on, as root /usr/local/sbin/miredo --foreground

Maybe it's better for you to continue the search for a solution in
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-net the readers of
that list are probably more into this subject.

--

Christer Hermansson