Makefile OPTIONS (was: Re: Apache 2.2.8 + mod_authnz_ldap)

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri May 9 13:36:11 UTC 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 15:15:05 n j wrote:
> > What are you using for apr? The one that comes with apache itself, or the
> >  devel/apr port?
>
> AFAICT, the one that comes with Apache itself.
>
> It would seem that mod_authnz_ldap required mod_ldap to be compiled in
> Apache to work. Having little or no experience at all with Apache +
> LDAP combination so far, this was not really straightforward to me.

If this is a fixed dependency, then it's a bug in the port's Makefile. If it's
not set in stone (i.e.: mod_authnz_ldap could also work with
mod_fictional_3rdparty_ldap), then applying the logic you suggest, would kill
the option to use mod_fictional_3rdparty_ldap.

Set in stone would mean, "if there is a port mod_fictional_3rdparty_ldap, or
enough people have complained that they cannot use
mod_fictional_3rdparty_ldap, even though there's not a port for it".

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.