Apache 2.2.8 + mod_authnz_ldap

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri May 9 11:39:03 UTC 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 02:03:01 n j wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did anyone experience any problems trying to install mod_authnz_ldap
> with Apache 2.2.8 on FreeBSD 6.3?
>
> I ran into the following trouble:
>
> mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: #error mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to
> have LDAP support built in. To fix add --with-ldap to ./configure
> which caused "Stop in
> /usr/ports/www/apache22/work/httpd-2.2.8/modules/aaa. *** Error code
> 1".

What are you using for apr? The one that comes with apache itself, or the
devel/apr port?
I found in practice that even though the "APR from ports" option contains a
warning, it works better if you have more software depending on apr (i.e.,
subversion) and it's also better manageable with the plugins (in my case
db4*). F.e., I don't have to rebuild apache, if I want to migrate to the
latest and greatest db4 minor release.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.