Compiling in Debugging Flags

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Sun May 4 23:46:54 UTC 2008

Chris Maness wrote:
>> Patrick Clochesy wrote:
>>> Standard diagnostic rules apply. What does a coredump say? GDB? Did
>>> you remove all modules and readd 1-by-1 to isolate the problem if
>>> the modules are your suspicion? What is the frequency of the crashes?
>>>
>>> -Patrick
>> I have posted all of the output.  The whole thread can be found at:
>>

>> http://groups.google.com/group/ml-freebsd-questions/browse_thread/thread/e39765ecef6c602d?hl=en
>>

>> It crashes when I include php5 module.
>>
> It seems to work fine in a clean install of RELEASE-7.0, so the issue
> seems to be in the upgrading process.  I will install a clean version
> of RLEASE-6.3 get it running and upgrade it, so I provide an e-mail
> detailing how to reproduce the problem.  I have too much work in my
> 6.3 server to re configure it from scratch, so I am really counting on
> finding the root of this problem so that I can upgrade my production
> server.  Thanks for all of the help.
>
> Chris Maness

Sorry, guys.  I spoke too soon.  It is crashing on the fresh install as
well.  I just rebooted, and the same situation occurs, httpd core dumps
instantly.  (with php5 module installed)  The only other thing I did
begin installing squirrel mail.  I have a virtual installation that I
will try it on too.  This is the third instance of apache13 port
crashing with the php5 built with the module.  I did nothing to
httpd.conf except add  a virtual host.  I checked this with apachectl
checkconfig and it was fine.  After it started crashing, I removed the
vhost and it was still crashing.

Thanks,
Chris Maness