Portmanager loop when trying to upgrade perl

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Sat May 3 17:51:51 UTC 2008

Hi.  I'm running FreeBSD 6.1.  I have never had a problem with portmanager until today.  I was trying to update amavisd-new.  When I issued the upgrade command, portmanager started to update perl5.8.  Everything was going fine until I realized it was looping.  After the "3rd strike," I was told to look at the log.  I am not able to glean much in the way of solutions, so hoping someone with a similar experience can help.  I did see prior threads about the looping problem but I am still unable to update perl.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>