7.0-RELEASE && panic after ~4 hours

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven a.j.werven at student.utwente.nl
Mon Mar 31 21:54:13 PDT 2008

Sam Leffler wrote:

> I am aware only of issues with USB adapters being removed while
> wpa_supplicant is running.

Actually, there's more I'm afraid.

iwi: Don't know because I don't use that one. But it's a "cousin" of wpi and
      if I'm not mistaken it was the same person who initiated development of
      both drivers.

wpi: No panics, but just doesn't work with wpa_supplicant at all (fails to
      associate). This is a known problem and people are working on it.

Neither of these are USB adapters.

rum: Works but panics after a while. PR has been filed, but seems to be stuck
      at feedback status (anyone know more about this one?).

Alphons

--
All right, that does it Bill [Donahue]. I'm pretty sure that killing Jesus
is not very Christian.