Wake-on-LAN and the em driver (freebsd 7.x)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Mar 31 15:08:24 PDT 2008

Any network admin worth his salt has an old win98 system tucked
away that can be used to create bootable dos cd's.  And if your
really a wizard you have a windows for workgroups 3.11 system
tucked away as there are devices (notably HP JetDirect print servers)
that can only be firmware-updated from that platform, plus you
have a genuine DOS system with an
EGA card and monitor in inventory, like I do. ;-)  I'm sure one of
these days I'll need it for something...

The ultimate guru's of course, have in addition to this, a trash-80,
an Apple II, a Commodore PET, and a VAX 11/70 plus the 3-phase power
to run it - and still remember how to boot all of them....

Ted