FreeBSD 7.0 Handbook 6.2.4 Firefox, Mozilla Macromedia Flash plugin

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Sat Mar 29 07:05:18 PDT 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:56:45 +0000
Bernd-Michael Ruhe <mruhe at sunguru.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when checking /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base I find different
> versions:
>
> - linux_base-f7
> - linux_base-fc4
> - linux_base-fc6
> - linux_base-gentoo-stage1-3
>
> what is the right version to apply to avoid issues?

If you install a linux application then linux_base-fc4 will be
installed as a dependency. This is the most stable version since it's
intended to work with 2.4 kernel emulation.  If you want to try one of
the later fedora[-core] ports, which use 2.6 kernel emulation, you need
to read UPDATING.

I'm not sure how well Flash 9 actually works under 2.6 kernel
emulation, but it doesn't work well under 2.4. Flash 7 work under
either.