problems with i386 jail on amd64 install 7.0 Release

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 28 14:03:36 PDT 2008

Mark Moellering wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008 04:51:08 pm Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> Mark Moellering wrote:

>>> Thanks Kris, you're a lifesaver.
>>>
>>> The response I get using File is:
>>>
>>> libedit.so.6: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1
>>> (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
>> OK, that is correct.  Is the rest of the chroot configured properly,
>> e.g. did you populate /etc and /var?
>>
>> Kris
>
> /etc and /var are populated

what if you run other binaries, e.g. chroot /chroot ls, etc?  Do any of
them work?  If not, then something is either wrong with the
/var/run/ld.so.hints, the /libexec/ld-elf.so.1, etc.

Kris