Laptop advice

mdh mdh_lists at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 12:09:44 PDT 2008

--- David Kelly <dkelly at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 01:53:57PM -0400, Joe Demeny
> wrote:
> >
> > In the end, the best advice seems to be indeed to
> take the FreeBSD CD
> > to the brick-and-mortar store...
>
> Or you could purchase an Apple Mac Book and have a
> commercially
> supported Unix pre-installed. Guess that would take
> all the "fun" out of
> it?

While I like Mac products and OSX is pretty cool, I
still find their laptops a bit pricey.

By the by, has anyone tried FreeBSD on one of those
little Asus EEEpc sublaptops?  A real, tiny, i386
laptop for $300 (plus maybe a bit more for an
additional SD card to bump the storage some) seems
like a truly awesome deal.