www/flock port fails to install

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Mar 27 07:40:27 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:48:49AM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 06:41:46AM -0500, Gerard wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:57:07 +0100
> > Pieter Baele <pieter.baele at telenet.be> wrote:
> > >
> > > When there are (security) vulnerabilities, ports won't install.
> > > You can override this, but I don't remember how.
> > > (and I don't want to know it as I trust FreeBSD package
> > > maintainers ;-)
> >
> > Place this in the /etc/make.conf file:
> >
> > 	DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes
> >
> > Use at your own peril.
>
> Considering there is a version 1.0.7 of Flock, and the security warning
> is for versions < 1.0.2, my preference would be to simply install a
> secure version (preferably without having to rely on Linux compatibility
> libraries).  Is this not currently possible in FreeBSD for some reason?

Since I didn't get a response to this question before, I figured I'd just
call attention to it again.  Does anyone know of any reason there
shouldn't be a version of www/flock newer than 1.0.2 in ports?

For reference, the version in ports is still 0.7_7, which seems absurdly
old, considering the Flock project is up to 1.1 now.