Status of AMD64 NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers for Xorg

Martyn Hare martyn.hare at dephnet.com
Wed Mar 26 13:22:30 PDT 2008

What's the status regarding AMD64 NVIDIA Xorg drivers?  I know this has been
raised several times in the past but since the release of FreeBSD 7.0 how
near/far are we from having this?

If i'm not mistaken an NVIDIA representative said it required certain system
calls to be implemented in order to port the drivers to the architecture
correctly, what's the status on that? This has been bugging me for quite a
while now.

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed in relation to 7.0
release/stable.

Regards,

Martyn Hare