portsnap fetch errors

Barry Byrne barry.byrne at wbtsystems.com
Wed Mar 26 12:55:59 PDT 2008

I think some versions of squid may be a bit broken with respect to correctly
handling HTTP/1.1 and in the case of portsnap downloading many files, squid
starts closing some of the open connections, which portsnap then attempts to
reuse.

There was a thread on one of the FreeBSD lists in late 2006. Google a bit
and you'll probably find it.

Don't know for certain this is your problem, but it did fix it when I came
across the problem.

 - barry