High resolution timing in FreeBSD for program code

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:34:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

What available functions in FreeBSD would be good for
finer-than-microsecond detail for timing of code execution?  Some
searches on the NG comp.unix.programmer turned up clock_gettime(),
which I see FreeBSD does support.  However, I was wondering if there
might be something better or used more often.  Secondly, I was
wondering if anyone here knows what this function, clock_gettime(),
uses for it's timing?

Thanks,
Andy