A general purpose LDAP solution?

Patrick C pcloches at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:14:05 PDT 2008

I'd be interested in a read.

I am currently using NIS/YP with FreeBSD servers and Linux clients... makes
things very interesting. I've been meaning to exploit PAM for a more modern
solution but it hasn't been a huge priority.

Is there any support for built-in redundancy on the server level? I just
need changes replicated, CARP can handle failover.

-Patrick