List replies

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Mon Mar 24 14:18:38 PDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:19:11 +0100
Tore Lund <tl32 at next.online.no> wrote:

> An HTML forum is probably out of the question, but I wish FreeBSD
> would at least consider turning the mailing lists into newsgroups -
> something like news.mozilla.org - unless someone has a better idea.

You can access the FreeBSD mailing lists through the gmane newserver:
news.gmane.org. I find it very useful for lists I only rarely read -
particularly for lists related to ports. Most list will accept posts
through the server.

You still need a valid email address to post though  - the first post
made through the news server needs to be validated by an email reply.