Laptop advice

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Mar 24 01:28:39 PDT 2008

Unfortunately, it is quite common for laptop vendors to write specs
that use different names than industry standard for the components,
so it is difficult to figure this out in advance.

What you want to do is get yourself a FreeBSD boot CD then go
visit a computer vendor that has display models.  Do not order a
laptop online.  Visit a brick and mortar vendor, and try booting
fbsd on each of the display models.

Ted