I'd like some help

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Mar 23 18:51:25 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 09:10:04AM +1000, Da Rock wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 14:58 -0700, Matthew Woodson wrote:
> > I've been learning about a bunch of the BSD OSes, and i want to try Free BSD, but i can't figure out how to download it and the instructions don't make sense. I am running Windows XP OS- can you tell me how to download Free BSD with it?
>
> Go to the download section of the site and download the iso files. Once
> you have those, double click on them and burn them to disk.

Last I checked, the MS Windows built-in CD burning software didn't do
burning from an image -- you'd need third-party software.  Burning an ISO
without such software would just result in a copy of the ISO on the CD,
rather than a CD that would boot up an installer.

McCloctnick the Lucid: "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your
time waving your hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do."