Xorg crashing randomly

Ghirai ghirai at ghirai.com
Sun Mar 23 13:21:08 PDT 2008

Hello list,

Lately Xorg (log file says X.Org X Server 1.4.0') seems to crap out randomly,
sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few days.

I'm running 7.0-RELEASE, custom kernel (ULE scheduler and unneeded drivers removed, everything else is default), and nvidia driver (latest).

There's nothing in messages, nor in the xorg log file, except:

---
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
---

I don't know what other info i should give, there isn't much (if anything) in the log files.

I might add that i've tested the RAM, plus the rest of the system is ok.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Regards,