How to uninstall a flash port.

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Sun Mar 23 06:00:24 PDT 2008

Eduardo Cerejo wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:03:18 +0000
> Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> wrote:
>
>> Al Plant wrote:

>> Sorry not a response to the OP but hopefully useful correction:
>>
>> %uname -sr
>> FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE
>> %pkg_info -Ix firefox
>> firefox-2.0.0.12_1,1 Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
>> %pkg_info -Ix plugin
>> linux-flashplugin-9.0r115 Adobe Flash Player NPAPI Plugin
>> nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5 A compatibility plugin for Netscape 4 (NPAPI)
>> plugins
>>
>> I don't actually see a lot of flash as I have flashblock installed but I
>> can't recall having probs when I have chosen to view it, except it still
>> doesn't work with youtube. I've just installed wine and win32
>> firefox+flashplugin for youtube and bbc iplayer and that works fine.
>
> Are you trying to tell me that you got flash 9 working?  I sure would like to know how to get it working without crashing.

Yes though like I say I also use flashblock so I only see the flash I
want to.  I'm moving house at the moment so I can't try and recreate my
steps to install it but it was something like:

install firefox, linux-flashplugin9, nspluginwrapper from ports
locate libflashplayer.so
run nspluginwrapper

I'll try running without flashblock for a while and see what happens.

Chris