"Mutex unlock failure" when compiling KDE (upgrade from 6.x)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 22 11:19:03 PDT 2008

Dmitry RCL Rekman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org
> <mailto:kris at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     Dmitry RCL Rekman wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org
>     <mailto:kris at freebsd.org>
>      > <mailto:kris at freebsd.org <mailto:kris at freebsd.org>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >      > Well, the commandline used to build libqt-mt is included
>     in the
>      >     log and
>      >      > it also links to -pthread...
>      >
>      >     Yes, also uic (correctly) links directly to -pthread (I
>     missed this on
>      >     first read).  The only way I can see this failing is if your
>     /lib is not
>      >     correctly populated.  What is the output of
>      >
>      >     ls -l /lib/libthr* /usr/lib/libpthr*
>      >
>      >
>      > # ls -l /lib/libthr* /usr/lib/libpthr*
>      > -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  66928 Feb 29 12:20 /lib/libthr.so.3
>      > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      8 Feb 29 12:21
>     /usr/lib/libpthread.a ->
>      > libthr.a
>      > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     10 Feb 29 12:21
>     /usr/lib/libpthread_p.a ->
>      > libthr_p.a
>
>     Yep, your world is broken, you are missing a /usr/lib/libpthread.so
>     symlink.
>

> Ok, I created a symlink /usr/lib/libpthread.so -> /usr/lib/libthr.so and
> am trying to build kdebase3 again. Will inform shortly :-)

Well you'll likely have to rebuild other things first to recover from
the damage compiled into an unknown subset of your existing ports.
Repeating portupgrade -fa might be the best option.

Kris