some problems after upgrading to 7.0-RELEASE

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Thu Mar 20 20:34:57 PDT 2008

Novembre wrote:

> Anyhow, smbd was looking for libgnutls.so.13 which I don't have, but I
> do have a libgnutls.so.26 and libgnutls.so in /usr/local/lib/ (the
> latter is a symlink to the former). Also, libgnutls.so.15 exists in
> /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/. So what I did was creating a symlink to
> libgnutls.so.26 and called it libgnutls.so.13, and after rebooting,
> smbd starts just fine. I don't know whether I'm allowed to do such a
> thing or not, but since I didn't get any error message while upgrading
> samba, I don't know what could have gone wrong...
>
> Any ideas? :)

You probably missed this one (from UPDATING):

20080303:
   AFFECTS: users of security/gnutls and any port that depends on it
   AUTHOR: novel at FreeBSD.org

   gnutls has been updated to 2.2.2 and all shared libraries' versions
   have been bumped. So you need to rebuild all applications that
   depend on gnutls. Do something like:

         portupgrade -rf gnutls

Peter

--