X.org 7.3 sure is a mess...

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Wed Mar 19 20:55:45 UTC 2008

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      Now that I've upgraded to X.org 7.3, I'm wishing that I hadn't done it.
>      I'm still discovering more and more broken stuff in 7.3 each day.  It's
> only partially usable. ...

Did you check the integrity of your libraries? Are you maybe using portupgrade
that keeps copies of old libraries in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg ? Maybe some
things are still linked against these, this can lead to a load of trouble.

You can install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and run pkg_libchk to check the
integrity of your system.