confusion configuring NAT

David Alanis canito at dalan.us
Wed Mar 19 13:51:13 PDT 2008

Being I am a newcomer to freeBSD, on my first install google turned up
a how to for getting my box on the Internet as a firewall/DHCP/DNS
server. Since, I've been learning the packet filtering program (pf).
Everytime I read a question on ipfw I quickly get confused.

What are the major advantages one over the other? I hope not to sound
biased but pf seems more user friendly, easier to implement, and less
verbose?

David