Does softupdate help squid ?

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Mar 17 16:26:16 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Johan Hendriks wrote:

> Squid is a forward proxy whereas varnish is just a reverse proxy
>
> So you can not use it for for lan to wan proxy!

Thanks for the enlightenment. My understanding is that Squid can do
both forward and reverse proxy. At least it it would seem so since
that's the way I'm using it. I did not know that varnish cannot be
used as a forward proxy though. As I said before, varnish is on my
list of things to investigate since it seems to have a much more
modern design than squid.

-- Chris