nvidia driver 96.43.05 crashes Xorg

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Mon Mar 17 14:39:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 01:56:53PM +0100, tesolarisc wrote:
> When I updated my ports lately the nvidia driver got updated.
> Since then I can't use openGL screensavers without crashing Xorg.
>
> nvidia driver is 96.43.05
> Xorg server 1.4.0
> (FreeBSD 7.0-Release)
>
> Do I have to downgrade to 96.43.(01?) again or is there a solution?

Is there any reason you're not using the latest driver? It's up to
169.12 now (x11/nvidia-driver)

Did you remember to update the nVidia driver port /after/ everything
else? If not, it's possible, depending on what other ports you upgraded,
you've got GL and GLX libs from somewhere other than the driver port.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye