QMail Help

Scott Ballantyne sdb at ssr.com
Wed Mar 12 19:09:08 UTC 2008

> Paul A. Procacci wrote:
> > Victor Farah wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>     I'm running qmail and I created an smtproutes file, inside my
> >> /var/qmail/control/ directory.  I then sent a killall -ALRM
> >> qmail-send, but it doesn't seem like it uses that smtproutes file I
> >> made.  I start qmail using supervise scripts.
> >>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This isn't the right place to ask this question.  Irregardless of
> > that, since you are using supervise to manage the daemon, try the
> > following:
> >
> > svc -h /path/to/service/directory
> >
> > OR
> >
> > svc -a /path/to/service/directory
> > ~Paul
>
> I Agree, this would be better posted to a qmail list, but anyway:
>
> I think -ALRM tells qmail to re-run the queue, what you need is to send
> a HUP signal to the qmail-send, like "pkill -HUP qmail-send", so it will
> read the control files again.
> Have you read the Life With Qmail docs?

See qmail-control(5) and qmail-remote(8).

smtproutes is read by qmail-remote not qmail-send. qmail-remote
doesn't require a signal since a new instance is started for each
delivery. If smtproutes is not working, something else is wrong.

Check the syntax of the file (it is described in qmail-remote man
page). You may need to use wild cards to handle all instances for that
domain name. If that's all fine, then perhaps there's a problem on the
remote host.

sdb
sdb at ssr.com
Todays Poem:
((12 + 144 + 20 + (3 * 4^(1/2))) / 7) + (5 * 11) = 9^2 + 0