selected port (devel/root) is marked as broken

Luca Presotto presotto at mail.cern.ch
Wed Mar 12 18:44:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Mel wrote:

> It fails on gcc3 specific classes. FreeBSD 7 uses gcc 4.x, so the problem lies
> with root developers.
> Or...you could install lang/gcc34, then:
> make -DTRYBROKEN CC=gcc34 CXX=g++34
>
> I'm not sure it'll work though.

Well, on other OSes they have been compiling new releases with gcc4.2
without any problems for months, so it's not a gcc problem.
I have discovered that someone has already submitted a case to the root
developing team in middle january.
They think the problem lies within the gcc command line
options, but from that moment on no new updates are available. I renewed
the request to them. So that now they will know that there are 2 people
using both root and fbsd!