QMail Help

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Wed Mar 12 17:22:47 UTC 2008

Victor Farah wrote:
> Hello
>     I'm running qmail and I created an smtproutes file, inside my
> /var/qmail/control/ directory.  I then sent a killall -ALRM
> qmail-send, but it doesn't seem like it uses that smtproutes file I
> made.  I start qmail using supervise scripts.
>
> Also in my smtproutes file can I use IP's, and do they have to be
> enclosed inside brackets?
> E.G. super.com:[1.2.3.4]
Hello,

This isn't the right place to ask this question.  Irregardless of that,
since you are using supervise to manage the daemon, try the following:

svc -h /path/to/service/directory

OR

svc -a /path/to/service/directory

If neither of those work, you can restart the daemon altogether

svc -d /path/to/service/directory

followed by

svc -u /path/to/service/directory

~Paul