ext3

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Sun Mar 9 12:23:17 UTC 2008

Viktor Penkov wrote:
> Hi everybody!!!I've installed the new release of fbsd, but I can't mount my
> ext3 partitions.can somebody help me with this?
> best regards

Have a look at

man 5 ext2fs

for instructions.

You will have to mount ext3 as ext2. This is possible as long as the
ext3 filesystem is not "dirty" (i.e. the journal is clean, meaning the
volume was properly dismounted last time you used it). Mind you, IIRC,
if you write something to the disk while it is mounted as ext2, it will
probably go through a long fsck next time you reboot into Linux
(assuming you are sharing this partition between Linux and FreeBSD).