FreeBSD & Linux distro

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Mar 2 05:40:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:35:17AM -0500, Chess Griffin wrote:
> Da Rock wrote:
> >>Fits the first, dunno about the third.  Certainly not the second --
> >>Benz are some of the best-engineered and built cars in existence.
> >>
> >>Maybe BMW, aka Bunch-a Money Wasted or Bite My Wallet.
> >
> >I wouldn't insult a quality car like that. Ive heard nothing but good
> >stories about them and it's something I'd buy myself. Very safe to
> >drive...
> >
> >Ok. How about the new VW beetle? I've heard they're crap- not as good as
> >the original, expensive, poorly designed, break down a lot, and driven
> >by little teeny boppers with money to waste buying just for the frilly
> >stuff. Does that fit the bill?
> >
> >We'll take a vote- all in favor say aye... :P
>
> Might I suggest a 1983 Renault Alliance?  The first car I ever owned and
> it was ... what's the word I'm looking for ... ah yes: horrible!  i
> would have traded it for a VW Beetle any day.  :-)

Actually (a bit late) . . . if you want something that costs too much,
breaks down a lot, and never uses standard parts, you're looking for a
Jaguar circa 1990 or earlier.  I'm not sure about after that.  They sure
do look nice (Aero Glass), but there are better-looking cars out there
that don't break down all the time (like Aqua and Compiz Fusion), and
some of them even cost less.

Isaac Asimov: "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
completely programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest."