OT: anyone been crazy enough to mirror wikipedia?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Mon Jun 30 20:48:52 UTC 2008

So call me a sociopath, but times are a bit scary.  I'd like to do the
2000's equivalent of the 1960's bomb shelter, and have my very own
snapshot in case of major local/regional internet disruption, etc.

What would be the best way to go about this.  I see with <1T words, it
appears doable on current technology.  Maybe they should offer a
snapshot on DVDs or disk as a fundraiser?  I'd drop $300 for some sort
of officially licenced copy, I suspect there are other freaks that
would too...

Steve