Off Topic: Sunbird calendar server?

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Sun Jun 29 17:20:14 UTC 2008

On 28-Jun-08, at 12:01 AM, Jack Barnett wrote:

> She is a fan of Google Calendars (which I admit works well), but I'm
> a fan of Sunbird (since it's local and don't need internets for it
> to work).
> I could probably "convert" her to Sunbird if I found a good way to
> share out our calendars.

As long as you just want to see the other persons calendar, Google can
export a calendar as an iCal subscription, or as an XML feed.
gcaldaemon might also be something to look into:

http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html

The problem that I've had is that I want a web front end which can
talk to a CalDav server. Zimbra has it, but it's a very heavy install
and only supports Linux :(

--Andrew