No serial console input in loader

Anselm Strauss amsibamsi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 11:40:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a small router that has no video output, it only supports a
serial console. I configured the serial console in /boot/boot.config, /
boot/loader.conf and /etc/ttys. It's working in the BIOS, on the boot
prompt before the loader starts, and when logging in on the getty. The
only place where it's not working correctly is at the loader prompt. I
can see the loader menu and the logo, but I can't choose the boot
entry or interrupt the timeout. I can't make any input at all. What
could this be?

Cheers,
Anselm