wpa_supplicant trouble

David Alanis canito at dalan.us
Thu Jun 26 18:37:45 UTC 2008

Quoting David Gurvich <david.gurvich at verizon.net>:

> Hello,
> I am using FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE and an intel 2100 wireless mini-pci
> card.  The wireless connection is to a linksys router which then
> connects to a second router that acts as a DHCP server and gateway.

I have the same set up and my linksys serves as my wireless access point.

> The commands I use to start are the following:
> wpa_supplicant -D bsd -i ipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
> ifconfig ipw0 192.168.x.x
> route add default gateway_ip

Why do you need to specify the driver? I have the 3945abg card and
hence the OS can see the iface why would you then specify the driver?

Have you tried wpa_supplicant -ddD bsd -i ipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

(-d is for debbugin -dd is for twice the verbosity)

Can you try running wpa_supplicant -id ipw0 -c /etc/***wpa.conf &

if you are running off an dhcp server after connecting to the wireless
gateway why don't you just run:

dhclient ipw0?

Sounds like you are making it more dificult then it needs to be, maybe
I am wrong

David