Windows > Unix volunteers

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Thu Jun 26 16:41:55 UTC 2008

At 11:17 AM 6/26/2008, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
>Hello,
>
>What is a good place to look for volunteers who would like to modify
>Windows source code for an open source software. We have a programme that
>changes wallpapers on your desktop but it is only available for Windows.
>
>As a FreeBSD fan, I'd love to see it in ports. Can anyone recommend
>forums where to look for people interested in making such programme
>available for UNIX desktops?
>
>Many thanks!
>
>--
>Zbigniew Szalbot
>SGM Lifewords
>www.sgmlifewords.com

It isn't as easy as a  little porting.  Depending on the window manager in
X there may already be  a wallpaper changer.  I would check the main site
for the Window Manager you use first before you try to reinvent this wheel.

Because the changing of wallpaper is VERY window manager centric, I don't
think it would be easy to have one utility that would work with all the
WM's.  Unlike in MS Windows where there is a single window manager and API.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.