Sendmail && Google Apps Email - Not Working Together

Mark Price mark at rootbsd.net
Wed Jun 25 02:11:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Below is the output of /var/log/maillog. I'm trying to send an email
> from the "irc" account on the server, to "staff at domain.tld". I think
> maybe sendmail is getting confused because the hostname of the FreeBSD
> box is also "domain.tld", the same host I'm trying to send outgoing
> mail to.

Yes, that is the problem.  In order for you to send mail out to
domain.tld, sendmail must not think that it is configured to handle
domain.tld locally.  I would recommend changing your hostname to
something like server1.domain.tld and making sure you don't have the
domain 'domain.tld' listed alone in your sendmail config files.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Price