ipw2200 freebsd 7 firmware problem

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:54:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Fernando Apesteguía
<fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM, peter harrison
> <four.harrisons at virgin.net> wrote:
>> Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 14:04:46 +0100, Vince Hoffman said:
>>> <snip>

>>> Are you running AMD64? the modules are there on my i386 laptop but not
>>> my AMD64 server (I dont use iwi on either though.)
>>
>> I'm running i386, so that may be the difference. I don't have an AMD64 system to check I'm afraid.
>
> Hi all again,
>
> I recompiled my kernel and now, the IPW2200BG card seems to be detected.
> This is the output of the ifconfig re0 command:
>
> iwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
>        ether 00:0e:35:fd:aa:0f
>        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
>        status: no carrier
>        ssid ApeWireless channel 1 (2412 Mhz 11b)
>        authmode OPEN privacy ON deftxkey 1 wepkey 1:104-bit bmiss 10
>        scanvalid 60 bgscan bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250 roam:rssi11b 7
>        roam:rate11b 1 bintval 0
>

> However, neither I can connect to my wireless router, nor I can scan
> the frequency. My wireless AP, has a hidden SSID, wep key and DHCP.
> Scanning of frequencies shows no results (but there are many wireless
> networks around).
>
> Any ideas?

Hi all again,

After some time without touching the computer I decided to have a look
at the wireless problem again. It seems I can't load the firmware:

firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss

Both if_ipw and ipw_bss modules are loaded.

This very same computer works fine with linux, including loading the firmware.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.