Installation error. Command returned status 36

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Jun 24 14:35:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 08:36:11PM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> Jerry McAllister wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:55:51AM +0300, Viacheslav Chumushuk wrote:
>
> >>And at the start of installation process I have warning about wrong disk
> >>geometry.
>
> >Probably your best bet is to ignore the geometry stuff and
> >just let it do its own thing.   Do not try to set the geometry.
> >In reality, geometry is generally  'virtual' nowdays.
>
> I concur with Roland and Jerry about ignoring the geometry warning.
>
> I've been doing so for as long as I can remember and I've never had an
> issue.

In fact, trying to set the geometry can mung up the installation.

Someone should make some explicit changes - at least in messages
and documentation in this regard.   It has been a decade since
this geometry thing has been obsolete.   I don't know enough to
make a completely accurate statement or I would submit something.

////jerry