FreeBSD + Unicode filenames

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Mon Jun 23 13:30:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

Can someone please point me in the right direction regarding handling
unicode characters in filenames on freeBSD.

I have an rsync backup script running from a linux server which hosts
many files with european accented characters.

The script bombs out on encountering these files, and as i understand it
this isn't an rsync issue but presumably one of the filesystem being
able to handle filenames containing these characters.

I've read a bit online re unicode terminals, handling unicode text in
files, but i really just need to be able to have unicode filenames..

The systems are a mix of 6.2 and 7.0, but a fix under 6.2 would be most
helpful..

thanks

Paul.