New to FreeBSD

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Jun 21 20:41:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 20:56:23 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> Documentation. FreeBSD is well documented. [...]
>
> most common linux manual page:
>
> "This page is outdated and incomplete. look at info or even better -
> on www.something.org"

That's evil(TM), but it's also true for many Linux manpages.

Having said that, the work of the folks at http://www.linuxmanpages.com/
is a noble and valiant effort to do something about this problem.

The advantage of FreeBSD in this case is that we have a well-integrated
"base system", and we don't have to chase around multitudes of seemingly
semi-random people to write the manpages in the style *we* prefer.  The
very nature of the well integrated base system makes it far easier to
convince people that "this the manpage style you have to use, or we can
not use your text" :-)