FreeBSD based web hosting?

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sat Jun 21 10:45:54 UTC 2008

> I'm looking for somebody to host some web sites for me.  Ideally I'd
> like a complete machine, but a jail would do too.  I can find plenty
> of Linux-based offerings, but the only one I can find with FreeBSD is
> in Germany and requires me to be resident in Germany.  Can anybody
> point me to one that I, as an Australian resident, can use?
>
> Feel free to reply to me personally and blow your own trumpet if you
> want.  Please also note that I'm not subscribed to these lists, so
> please don't reply only to the list.
>
> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.

Hi Greg cc lists,
Friends run a very flexible BSD based provider company in Munich.
http://bsn.de & bsn.com I have servers there.  It wouldn't matter to
them you weren't in Germany.  They speak English & German.  Could
offer FreeBSD on i686 or so, or sparc-something (maybe OpenBSD for
sparc, not sure).  They'd likely prefer to offer complete box rental,
not a jail.

Greg, call Norbert Poellmann cc'd +49 89 692 8120 to discuss possibilities.
Norbert, Greg is author of a FreeBSD book, & visited Gary & I etc here once.

Index of providers here (& BSN on list)
http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/isp.html

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam.