FreeBSD fdisk how to?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Jun 20 16:47:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 01:48:44AM -0700, Unga wrote:

> [...]

He is making what was popularly called a 'dangerously dedicated' disk.
There are no slices, just partitions carved out of the raw disk.  It is
readable only by FreeBSD.
It works, but I prefer to have the flexibility of using fdisk and
creating slices and then dividing them in to partitions.

////jerry