Upgrading problem: confused dependencies

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 20:24:04 UTC 2008

Sorry, this was all discussed in the original thread. The port is the sysutils/libcdio port. I
use portupgrade to keep things up to date. This machine is running FreeBSD
 6.2-RELEASE.

In this case libcdio itself upgrades correctly, but other ports (for example devel/gvfs),
when i try to update them, report that libcdio is already installed and i need to make
deinstall and then make reinstall of libcdio. I can do this, and it "works", but then rerunning
portupgrade on gvfs reports the same thing about libcdio. If just do a make deinstall of
libcdio and run portupgrade on gvfs, then gvfs will "sucessfully" install libcdio but when
it gets back to gvfs, reports the same make deinstall/make reinstall thing. In general
it seems that no matter what i do, other ports wont see libcdio as being correctly
installed at the current version, and im looking for a way to solve this.

Thanks.

Jen