Flashplugin

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Mon Jun 16 18:12:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:05:19 -0400
Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:

> All this nonsense about using third party programs to download content
> from sites such as, but not limited to YouTube, is just unacceptable.
> If I navigate to a URL, I fully expect to be able to view all of that
> site's content as easily using FreeBSD as I can using Window's with
> IE. or even Firefox. Anything less is just not acceptable.

Then you have a few options:
1. use windows
2. use linux
3. use solaris
4. buy Adobe
The latter simply does not support native FreeBSD.

But I agree with you: Flash is not always shit or not needed. Quite a
few times it gives somthing extra that makes the web more attractive.
People stating it's advertizing 99% of the time are simply wrong.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
++ http://nagual.nl/ + SunOS sxce snv90 ++