Upgrading problem: confused dependencies

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 18:11:01 UTC 2008

Im sorry to repeat a thread from last week, but ive been trying ever since to upgrade a
port and havent been able to. If someone can make another suggestion, i would be
very very greatful.

As i said in the "libcdio upgrade problems" thread, i have installed the libcdio port, but
when other ports try to build, they fail, telling me that libcdio is already installed and i
need to make deinstall and make reinstall of it. I did this, but got the same message.
Ive tried every variant, and would be happy to try brute force versions too. I deinstalled
it and let the other port try to install it, i deinstalled all related ports so things could try
again from scratch, i set the environment variables about forcing package registration,
whatever i could.

The ports tree is up to date. Id install libcdio as a package, but its not new enough.

Something must be corrupted somewhere and i want to fix it, manually if necessary, but i
just dont know what to do.

Thanks again and sorry for the new thread, but Im running out of options.

Jen