Help Installing Sun JDK on FreeBSD

triggerme2ice tomas.dej at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 18:08:40 UTC 2008

Ok so it seems i still have some other issues... :(

I have previously successfully installed the diablo JDK on the official
compatible versions (FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.1) But I need to have JDK installed
in numerous versions of FreeBSD. In this case i need it on 5.0 version

The problem I have now is getting it installed in my FreeBSD 5.0 system
So i tried to pkg_add the diablo-jdk-freebsd5.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz from this
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml website   (the package
is meant for FreeBSD5.5, but its the closest thing available for the 5.0)
Like in all the other times I've installed it (on the compatible
versions)... it asked for the XORG libraries and the javavmwrapper-2.0_6. I
managed to install the XORG Libraries manually and it works... so the only
thing i am not able to install is the javavmwrapper which i need

I've tried numerous methods:

Method 1:
cd /usr/ports/java/javavmwrapper
make install clean
The result.... "make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue"
And yes my ports tree is updated

Method 2:
pkg_add -r
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/Latest/javavmwrapper.tbz
In this method not only does it display the "...is in the future" messages,
but at the end it says
"pkg_add: write_plist: unknown command type -1 (kaffe-1.*)"

Can anyone please let me know how i can get javavmwrapper installed so i can
install the JDK on FreeBSD5.0???