amule eats up my swap!!

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 16 02:28:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:11:02AM -0400, Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I guess this is a rare issue, but "I think" my amule, when no
> upload limit, eats up my swap, and cause amule to crash. After I set
> limit to 10K, the mule runs fine. I have 1G ram and 2G swap, and
> without upload limit, amule crash very often. does anyone know what is
> going on?? thank you!

I've had problems with aMule crashing too.  Typically it would run fine
for a few hours, and then it would suddenly start allocating memory
(my system memory usage graph went from a flat line to a line climbing
with constant slope) and then it would exit and leave a core file behind.
It might have been a segfault, but I don't remember.  I'm not able to
test it right now.

My solution at the time was to run amule with "while true; do amule; done".

James